Embrace your winter skin beauty, maintain your skin beauty through out the cold dry winter.
What causes skin havoc during winter? As the season changes, weather changes too, it becomes much colder and harsh which can cause havoc to our skin. Our skin gets dry and raw during cold winter season, the cold and blustery conditions outside and the indoor heating wipes out moisture in the air and from our skin.
To tackle this havoc, many people end up changing to some product that will eventually add to this havoc. Whilst our skin may need extra care during winter, our skin type hasn’t changed. Therefore, healthy winter skincare only means taking extra care of your skin during winter.
Follow the below tips for winter skin care to keep your skin healthy and looking good all season long.
1. Humidify - Even the little things that make winter wonderful, like the stunning fireplace can zap moisture from our skin. Using a humidifier in your home and workplace can help restore moisture to the air thereby reducing moisture loss from the skin.
2. Cleanse your skin- Harsh and cold winter weather makes our skin more fragile so using a gentle cleanser that will not strip off skin’s natural oils is recommended. Our Gentle cleansing milk is made with a unique complex of 100% natural oils to nourish the skin while removing all traces of make up and impurities. Make sure to rinse off with warm water and not hot water, hot water will irritate and dry out your skin even more. Avoid over washing and do not stay long in the shower.
3. Eat right and stay hydrated- You remember the saying that we are what we eat? It's true! We can moisturise our skin too from inside out by eating right and drinking plenty of water. Invest in eating food that add good nutrition to our body like fruits and vegetables, drink lots of water and your skin will smile back at you.
4. Moisturise regularly- Our skin loses moisture due to low humidity, cold and dry weather during winter season, making it to look so dull and tired. Moisturising your skin regularly is quite crucial to add and maintain skin moisture. Opting for skin moisturiser that contain nourishing ingredients like shea butter and hyaluronic acid is recommended for more skin hydration and also creating barrier to avoid skin moisture lose. Our Rejuvenating cream is formulated with a great dose of hyaluronic acid, shea butter, avocado oil etc to promote skin moisture retention for a firmer and more radiant skin.
5. Extra care- Our skin needs that extra boost during the cold and dry winter season. Serums are lightweight skincare products that contain a higher concentration of active ingredients and can be deposited deeply into the skin where they are needed. We recommend adding hydrating serum to your skincare routine especially during the dry and cold winter season. Our Antioxidant Ginkgo Gel Booster goes extra mile to protect your skin from damages caused by environmental pollution whilst providing deep hydration to the skin.
6. Don’t forget your sunscreen- It is very much as important to use sunscreen on a grey winter day as it is on a sunny summer day. Harmful UV rays can still permeate the cloud and cause skin damages on a darker dreary winter day, therefor continuing with your religious use of sunscreen all through winter season will help protect your skin from UV rays damages all year round.